Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Grated Teacher Ever!

At the end of the day yesterday, one of my students rushed into the library before hopping on the bus to give me this note.  The note itself was not necessarily unique, as anyone who works with young children has probably received something similar.  What made this note special (besides the spelling errors) was that it came from a student that has struggled with reading year after year.  In past years when Lindsey has come for library checkout it has been very difficult to engage her in any type of book.  Since entering school as a kindergartner four years ago, she has had a very negative image of herself as a reader.  

Since winter break, Lindsey has unlocked the magic of reading, and throughout the past week has been popping in daily for new books.  She is unstoppable and truly beams with pride to tell me about the book she has just finished!  I could not be more thrilled for her, and am honored that she thinks I am the "greated teacher ever!"  On days when the "to do" list becomes overwhelming, this note reminds me of why I do what I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment